- About Us
- Executive Office Of The Secretary General New York
- Executive Office Of The Secretary General New York
- Special Envoys of the Secretary General
- Goodwill Ambassadors/Envoys
- International Advisory Council (IDPI)
- Legal Advisers
- Secretary-General's Year-End Statements on the Works of the Organization
- IIMSAM Spirulina Resource Centre
- IIMSAM Youth Programme
- Useful Links
- Secretary General's Photo Gallery
- Spirulina Cultivation Manual
- Annual Reports
- IIMSAM PR Documents in Arabic
- UN Polio Day 24 October 2013
- IIMSAM In A Flash 2013 - 2014
- IIMSAM Spirulina Advocacy Campaign
- Benefit Game for Haiti
- UAE Mega Star Becomes IIMSAM GWA
- IIMSAM Ambulance For Iraqi Refugees In Syria
- UN FAO Report On Benefits Of Spirulina Highlights
- Operation Life Line Haiti
- Spirulina UN Draft Resolution
- Press Releases 2010-12
- Documentos Publicitarios Del IIMSAM en Castellano
- IIMSAM Mexico
- IIMSAM India
- IIMSAM Haiti Initiative
- IIMSAM Somalia
- H.R.H. U.A.E.
- H.H. Kuwait
- H.R.H. Jordan
- IIMSAM Emergency Relief Efforts Worldwide
- IIMSAM Basic Facts
|bio||H.E. Dr. Sulaiman Al-Fahim||Ambassador At-Large (Kingdom of Spain)|
Sulaiman Abdul Kareem Mohammad Al-Fahim (or more widely known as Sulaiman Al-Fahim) is a successful international real estate entrepreneur, philanthropist and sports enthusiast. He currently serves as Chairman and President of the Arab Union for Real Estate Development (AURD), CEO of the Falcon Group, and sits on the boards of Hydra Properties and is Chairman and part owner of the English Premier League Portsmouth Football Club.
International Humanitarian Initiatives with IIMSAM
|bio||Mr. Augusto Sorriso||Goodwill Ambassador/Liaison to the Italian Government|
As an IIMSAM Goodwill Ambassador and Special Envoy to the Italian Republic and to realise a global partnership for development to eradicate malnutrition and to secure the achievement of the UN MDG's, H.E. Mr. Augusto Sorriso's role would be instrumental in facilitating the organization's initiatives through cooperation with the Italian Republic a Member State of IIMSAM's Intergovernmental Treaty aimed at using Micro Algae Spirulina in order to realize its mandate to make Spirulina a key driver to eradicate malnutrition, achieve food security and to bridge the health divide globally.
Born in Licata (AG) on January 25th, 1948, after conceding the political science (International-political science) degree with the highest grade, at the prestigious Institute "Cesare Alfieri" of Florence in 1973, he enters the family business, the Sorriso Construction Company, which specializes in the field of public works. At the same time he started other successful economic initiatives like the management of a beach club and the opening of a clothing and shoe store.
In 1975 for the first time he enters the world of politics of Licata when he was elected as a councilman in the "Democrazia Cristiana" party. Since then in the arc of 20 years he was always reelected with great favor of the people and from time to time he held all the citizens' position (assessor, Mayor, President of the U.S.L. (Social Sanitation & Hospitals), as well as important positions of the party at a provincial and regional level, many times delegated to the National Congresses of the "Democrazia Cristiana."
In 1993 retired from politics he gets called to be the president of the local soccer team of at the professional level (C1) of which he resigns after bringing the team to an unexpected save from relegations.
In 1994 he decides to bring his family to the U.S.A. (where his wife is from and his two kids are born). In the state of New Jersey, where he lives today, he started in the restaurant business of a franchise of great success that now counts for more than 95 stores, where he is part of the administration council of the SALADWORKS inc. franchise of which he is the vice president and personally directs two (the third should be open for public in August 2008).
He became part of the Italian American community of New Jersey, (he is a member of the Sicilian Federation of the New Jersey association committee that regroups many Sicilian Clubs). In the beginning of the 2007 he founded with others the Sicilian Confederation of North America. In 2002 he received from President Cuffaro the position of the representative of the Sicilian Community in the States, in march of 2004, he was elected in the COMITES of New Jersey and since June of the same year he holds the same position to represent the U.S.A., since may 2007 he has been part of the Presidential Committee of the same Council.
Running for the Italian Senate in 2006 elections of the Central and North American section in the Forza Italia list although not winning he obtained a great electoral success becoming the most voted in the States between all the candidates of all the lists, as a party and as personal preference (over six thousand nine hundred in all of the states).
|bio||Mr. Carmelo Castiglione||Goodwill Ambassador|
As an IIMSAM Goodwill Ambassador Carmelo Castiglione's role would be instrumental in facilitating the organization's initiatives that are aimed to counter severe malnutrition and to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goals through cooperation with the Italian Republic a Member State of IIMSAM's Intergovernmental Treaty aimed at using Micro Algae Spirulina in order to realize its mandate to make Spirulina a key driver to eradicate malnutrition, achieve food security and to bridge the health divide globally.
His role would play an instrumental role in various initiatives of the IIMSAM to realise a world free of hunger and malnutrition by using his sphere of influence to highlight the immense plight of the peoples of the world caused by malnutrition; and would raise various resources through the Italian Government and other stakeholders necessary to make Spirulina a key-driver to achieve global food security and bridge the health divide.
H.E. Castiglione Selected Political Experiences are listed below:
|bio||Mr. Mathias C. Hiesmayr||Goodwill Ambassador|
IIMSAM-Secretary General's Liaison to the United Nations Office at Vienna and Geneva
Mathias C. Hiesmayr the son of prominent business man Kommerzialrat Ing. Hans Hiesmayr (1912-2002), recipient of the Julius Raab ring of honor, bearer of the (Gold) Federal Cross of Merit,honorary Senator HC of the Technical University Vienna - Founder of the former HSK Industrial Group and the Clima Hotel chain. Mathias C Hiesmayr attended the American International School in Vienna and studied in the European Business School in London and the Webster University in Vienna. After his studies he became member of the advisory board of the KR. Ing. Hans Hiesmayr Private Foundation and Managing Director of the Ing. Hans Hiesmayr Holding GmbH in Austria.He opened companies in Warsaw Poland, Frankfurt Germany and in the United Arab Emirates. In his private life he has pursued a career in martial arts and became European Champion in 2003. Born in Vienna, Austria, in 1973, Mr. Hiesmayr is married and has two children.
|bio||Mr. Giuseppe Tuccillo||Official Photographer/Facilitator|
Educations and Work Experience
1998 Degree in Architecture at the University of Naples Federico II
2000-2001 Completed and updated construction plans and interiors for various Hotels in Rome - Italy (Hotel Excelsior, Hotel Villa Pamphili, Hotel Borgo, Hotel Etrusco d'Arezzo) working with the architect Roberto Bottoli.
2001-2002 Managed execution plans for the S. Michele Arcangelo's Church in Procida, an island in Naples.
• Managed the construction plans and details for the "SOCIETA IPPICA NAPOLETANA" (Naples)
• Became a member of Avocats Sans Frontiere Italy as manager in the architectural department for humanitarian structures in third world countries (Nigeria, Marocco, Tunisia, Camerun, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, China, ect.)
• Managed the rehabilitation and construction of the Ruesh Clinic in Naples (Italy)
• Managed execution plans for Luxury hotel 'La Posada' (Bahia, Brazil)
• Collaboration with the ELLEVI srl , for the conceptual ideas, the functional requirements and developed study designs for Cruise ships : CARNEVAL, PRINCESSI, COSTACROCIERA.
• Managed execution plans for private villas in Italy and Kenya.
• Organized the Charity event in Rome for NGO The heart of children.
• Collaboration with the SEACHARTER Company for develop a study design for a yacht (120 meters).
• Completion of the interiors for a private villa in Quait. (Emirates).
• Managed execution plans for CARNEVAL 'ECSTASY' the cruise ship (ELLEVI srl., New Orleans).
• Planning and managed the construction of the new control tower in Lockichoggio (Kenya) for KCAA.
• Researched conceptual ideas, studied functional requirements and developed study designs for RAI International's new office in Nairobi KENYA.
• Collaboration with the Architect Simon Jhonson for the planning of Acacia Camp on lake Elementaita (Kenya).
• Managed plans and renovation works for 'La Dolce Vita' Restaurant, Muthaiga (Nairobi).
• Managed Plans for renovations works for Finmeccanica office(italian government) in Nairobi .(Kenya).
• Other projects still in planning for South Coast, Lamu, Nairobi, Diani, Kenya 2006-2011 Fotographer "safari" to EAST AFRICA
Fotographer fashion model to the magazine "TRUE LOVE" to EAST AFRICA
• Fotographer of "OFFSHORE BOAT" for Consulbrokers
• Fotographer of "COMPASSES" Architecture & Design
• Fotographer of "POSE MAGAZINE"
Conversant in Windows applications, Autocad, Archicad, 3D Studio MAX R2, CorelDraw, Word, Excel, Works and other software
Travelling, diving, horse riding, gardening, studies of ancient religions and lost cultures
• Fencing: Bronze medal at the European championships, three Italian championships gold and many (50) World Cup Races
• Ski: Second at the Italian championships university